|CLICK THE ABOVE THUMBNAILS
FOR ENLARGED IMAGES
5 STAR DRAKENSBERG HOTEL,
DRAKENSBERG HOTELS, KWAZULU NATAL
The Drakensberg's Hartford House offers luxury accommodation amidst true the South African landscape of the Drakensberg mountain range in KwaZulu-Natal. Underfloor heating and heated towel rails fulfil even the most discerning guest's demands in absolute comfort. Opulent lodgings are set on the Summerhill Stud farm, which even features stallions of the Rulers of Dubai.
For guests seeking the ultimate relaxation in this beautiful getaway, the Wellness Centre offers therapies, treatments, massages and facials.
The award-winning wine collection and restaurant of Hartford House has earned its esteemed reputation as one of SA's best
cellar collections, Conde Nast House and Garden's preferred lunch-break destination and one of Style magazine's top 10 best
lunch locations. The winelist is one of only 10 five-star rated lists, and the restaurant has enjoyed many more accolades, including
being rated in SA's top ten. Other awards include:
- The Federation of SA Hotel's
East Coast Award for Best Small Restaurant
- Anne Stevens' list of Top 10 KwaZulu-Natal restaurants for several years.
- Wine magazine's Dine Top 100 South African restaurants for five consecutive years
- Special appointment to American Express Platinum Fine Dining Venues (2006,2007,2008)
- One of only seven Real Food associates in KZN, using only the finest quality seasonal ingredients, preferably local and wherever practical, organically produced.
- American Express Platinum Winelist Award ( seven consecutive years )
- Johnnie Walker's preferred list of private-dining venues
An all-inclusive conference packages includes accommodation, breakfast, tea / coffee and pastries mid-morning and mid-lunch, a three-course lunch, four-course dinner, venue hire, all stationery, and equipment (including
a flipchart / whiteboard, overhead projector, screen and digital data projectors). A TV and video machine can be provided, on request,
at a nominal charge. Hartford House is also the perfect location for teambuilding initiatives.
- Underfloor heating
- Heated towel rails
- TV (with M-Net and satellite channels)
- Mini bar
- Swimming pool
- Tennis court
- Historic gardens
- Close proximity to golf courses
- Small, fully-equipped conference facility
- Helicopter landing facilities
- Airport transfers
- Laundry and valet service is available
The Hartford House is located in close proximity to the world-renowned Drakensberg Boys' Choir (advance booking advised).
Access to the Anglo-Zulu and Boer War battlefields and the capture sites of Nelson Mandela and Sir Winston Churchill.
- Trout and bass fishing
- Masterclass tuition with "Wildfly"
- Horse riding
- Trips to the battlefields
- Tours to Drakensberg World Heritage Site, Giant's Castle, Lotheni, Injisuthi and Kamberg reserves, as well as the Weenen Game Reserve (by arrangement).
- Walks on the extensive game conservancy
- Game- and bird-watching
- Mountain game and nature reserves
- Bushman paintings and artefacts
- Midland's Meander: Assortment of arts and crafts, pubs and restaurants
- Golf and squash: Boschhoek and Mooi River Country Club
- Drakensberg drives and picnicking
- Hot air ballooning (by arrangement)
- Karkloof Canopy Tours (by arrangement)
- Helicopter flights (by arrangement)
- Clay pigeon shooting (by arrangement)
- Day trips to Clarens, the artists' capital of South Africa, and the Golden Gate National Park.