The 2009 South African Wine Tourism Conference will take place on Tuesday 21 July and Wednesday 22 July at the stunning Vineyard Hotel & Spa in Newlands, Cape Town. The theme for this year is: ‘share. innovate. inspire.’ Delegates will have the opportunity to network with other key figures in the wine industry and will also have access to the latest tends, at this two-day event.
Delegates can look forward to interactive panel discussions and interesting programme topics such as the following:
• Wine Festivals – are we killing the goose that lays the golden egg?
• Overview of South Africa’s Wine Tourism Strategy
• Wine Tourism Uncorked – an overview of Australia’s successful Wine Tourism Strategy
• E-marketing and blogs – how to use the Internet to position your brand
• Lessons learnt by the German wine & tourism industry during the FIFA Soccer World Cup in 2006
• Customers – how to source, treat and keep them
• Is South Africa meeting the Wine Tourist’s expectations?
• Responsible Tourism – what does it mean for the Wine Tourism industry
• International & local best practices shared by Peter Lehmann Wines in the Barossa Valley, Waterford Wine Estate, Vergelegen Wine Estate and Kleine Zalze – from ordinary to extraordinary wine tourism brands – what are their secrets in creating unique experiences?
• The new liquor law: implications for the local Wine Tourism industry
Guest speakers at this event include Alan Pick, founder and proprietor of the internationally renowned Butcher Shop & Grill; Itumeleng Pooe, Executive Manager at Cape Town Routes Unlimited; Ken Forrester (Ken Forrester Wines); Robin Shaw, Director Tourism & Business Services: Winemakers’ Federation of Australia; Kevin Arnold (Waterford); Jennifer Seif, CEO of Fair Trade Tourism; and Lynda De Holtnecker, CEO: The Touch Company.
Date: 21 July 2009 to 22 July 2009
Venue: The Vineyard Hotel
Entry Fee: R1710 per day
Tel: +27 21 7621442
Visit their website for more details:
• Stellenbosch Hotels
• Cape Winelands Hotels
• South Africa Hotels