Comair and the FirstRand Group have implemented a brand new SLOW Lounge, designed specifically for busy travellers seeking an oasis of peace and a little pampering between flights. To be eligible, passengers must be a qualifying British Airways Executive Club holder, British Airways Club (business class) passenger, RMB (Rand Merchant Bank) Private Bank client, FNB (First National Bank) platinum card holder or FNB Private Bank traveller. These lounges are already in use in the international airports of Cape Town and Johannesburg, and Durban awaits its own SLOW Lounge eagerly.
The SLOW Lounge offers guests a relaxing retreat with the following luxurious indulgences:
- Freshly brewed coffee
- Wi-Fi Internet access (complimentary)
- A chef who creates a range of delicious canapés and snacks
- A Nintendo games room with Nintendo Wii and DS consoles
- Private meeting areas
- A bar with an excellent range of refreshments, including the best local wines
- A library of current books
- Private bathrooms with tasteful marble finishes
- Necessary business facilities
- Apple iMacs and printers
The SLOW Lounges also have facilities that ensure that children are safe and cared for, allowing guardians to relax in comfort. In addition, Cape Town’s SLOW Lounge offers guests massages and wellness treatments in its gorgeous spa.
The opulence, attention to detail and focus on creating a pleasant environment for waiting travellers stands in stark contrast to the usual ambience of airport lounges and eliminates much of the stress of flying.